Thursday, April 24, 2008

Howdy!

I've noticed that there's a lot more Lincoln-based food blogs out there lately. I talking about, reading about, dreaming about food and restaurants, so I'm delighted. So delighted in fact, that I was inspired to throw my hat into the ring.

I'm envisioning the scope of my blog being a little bigger than the ones I've seen. For one thing, I've been spending a lot of time in Omaha lately due to extensive medical treatments at the Med Center, so I've had a chance to experience the good and not-so-good in Omaha dining. I'm also an amateur home cook, so I think it would be fun to include some recipes and stories of cooking successes and failures.

Due to my medical condition, unfortunately, my diet is somewhat limited right now. I can't have raw vegetables, fruits, fish, or meats, no buffets, nothing from a grocery store deli, no stinky or unpasturized cheeses, no miso... basically all my favorite foods. I manage though. Hopefully I'll have a more varied diet by the end of the summer.

No comments: