Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Cup

I had lunch today at The Cup, located at 625 S 25th St. I couldn't believe how many people were in there-- the place was basically full, and more people kept going in and out as I was there. The clientele was an interesting mixture of retirees and the teachers and students of the Arts and Humanities school. There were writings and paintings posted around the place from the school, which as a teacher, I thought was really cool. I got the impression that it's mainly a coffee/tea house and bakery, but they serve paninis, salads, and soup.

My aunt got a salad that had really nice, fresh looking greens, and a TON of fresh berries: strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. She said the dressing was excellent. They had a nice selection of paninis, including turkey, chicken, and a couple vegetarian options, all served on what appeared to be Le Quartier ciabatta bread. I got a roast beef panini. They substituted the bleu cheese for provolone, (though I'm sure it would have been even better with the bleu cheese). It came with a little mini green salad and was quite delicious. I also got a fresh-squeezed lemonade. The bill for both of us was $15.

If you're looking for a nice, laid-back, locally-owned place to have lunch near downtown, check out The Cup.

4 comments:

Anne and Mike said...

hey sarah, is that in lincoln or omaha?

Sarah said...

In Lincoln

Unknown said...

The word "panino" [pa'ni:no] is Italian (literally meaning small bread roll), with the plural panini. "Panini" is often used in a singular sense by speakers of English and French, and pluralised catachrestically into "paninis".
(Wikipedia)

Sarah said...

Yeah whatever Commy.... I'm an American...

(Just kidding, I should know that considering I'm an English teacher-- hahaha!)