Monday, June 9, 2008

Lunch in Omaha: La Buvette

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. I've been in a bit of a funk, mostly due to tapering off a medication (Prednisone) that made me happy and hungry. I tried to pull myself out of it with a trip to one of my old favorites, La Bouvett in the Old Market, which worked fairly well, but I still don't feel like writing much. I will say this-- go to La Buvette on a nice day when you have a lazy afternoon to kill, not in the time between a blood draw and doc's appointment at UNMC. Good food takes time to prepare and eat.


Located on 11th, across from Spaghetti Works and Upsteam


You can choose from lots of wine by the glass, or pick something out from their wine shop and pay a corking fee


I love places that have lots of specials


Their hummus isn't as good as mine or anything, but it's pretty good. Their bread, baked on the premises, is as good as Le Quartier


This plate of melon and prosciutto momentarily brought my appetite back.

5 comments:

Chris said...

The melon plate looks delicious! What was the drizzle?

Sarah said...

Balsamic. It also had basil. I've never had it that way before, but it was really good.

Chris said...

Yum! I was thinking blackstrap/molasses/brown sugar drizzle.

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog and enjoy it. I take it you have IBD? I suffer from UC, and just got off a round of prednisone myself. Well, keep up the great work and be well!

Sarah said...

Hahaa-- no IBD. GVHD actually.

Glad you enjoy the blog.