Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Roost Really Wants Your Business!!!

After reading the review on Taste of Lincoln I thought I'd give Roost a shot.



I ordered the "Grape Escape" and my companion (Mom) ordered the "Presto Pesto." The sandwich that Buffmeat describes over at Taste of Lincoln is actually called "Ol' Red." So yeah, this place is kinda gimmicky.

I found this little gem nestled inside my sandwich wrapper:

DONE!

A lot of people love gimmicky, I just don't happen to be one of them. What I do love is a delicious sandwich, and my "Grape Escape" was quite tasty. It really tasted like homemade chicken salad, which I've been craving ever since I read this. The toasted whole grain bread was pretty good too.


Yeah, I took a couple bites before I remembered to take the picture again

The "Presto Pesto"? Not so great. It was overly salted and the pesto tasted like it might be past its prime. What happened Mom? You used to be such a good orderer. People used to call you long distance for menu consultations. Poetry has been written about your ordering prowess. Has the student surpassed the teacher? Will you be calling me from your next vacation destination for help deciding between the soup or the salad?

Perhaps not.

I'd get down there fast cuz one of two things is bound to happen:

1. Roost will become a big corporate national chain and you'll want to brag about eating at the original.

2. You'll get a chance to try it before it goes the way of Pita Pit, Taco Bueno, Great Wraps...

NOW GO!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link back to Taste of Lincoln! I'm trying to get my other bloggers to help me evaluate new places. This motivates me to work harder!

-Buffmeat
Taste of Lincoln

Sarah said...

No problem! I'd love to see more reviews from you.

Swoof said...

The first time I ate at Roost, about 8 or 9 months ago, I was reminded of nothing more than Fancy Feast. Perhaps it has improved or maybe I hit it on a bad night.