Thursday, May 29, 2008

China Inn

I'm not usually a huge fan of Chinese food. ("I hear you can't get a sauce as thick or as sweet over there.") China Inn is the exception. Located in the strip mall by the 27th and Cornhusker Super Saver, you wouldn't think so to look at it, but the food is top-notch.



Their menu has the usual Chinese-American fare, plus some more authentic Chinese and Korean dishes. I know their Bul Go Gee is really good, but so is their peanut butter chicken. It's the best of both worlds. I hear their Kim Chee is quite good as well. (I'm too chicken to try it.)


Hot and sour soup

One of the best things about China Inn is their prices. They have a meal deal that includes soup, a crab rangoon, sweet and sour pork, and another dish of your choice for $5.50. Most of the dishes on their menu cost $5-6 and the portions are huge.



My dad claims that everyone from China in the UNL Chem Department eats here, which is a good endorsement as far as I'm concerned (although my judgement of what's "authentic" has been called into question as of late-- haha!).

For a cheap, casual, yet delicious meal, try China Inn.

2 comments:

Gene said...

I tried Kim Chee at that Chinese place by Super Saver on 48th. It's odd.

My brother lived in Korea for a few years and he really likes it.

Swoof said...

I've always thought China Inn was the best place in Lincoln. I'd love to try their peanut butter chicken sometime. I love the kim chee there too, just like I love Indian pickles: at the risk of everyone I might come in contact with.