Monday, May 19, 2008

Lunch in Omaha: Victor's Falafel

I'm far from a falafel connoisseur, but Victor makes some pretty dang good falafel.


Located at 40th and Farnam

Victor's, like every good Middle Eastern restaurant in my experience, is small and no-fuss. They have some interesting items on the menu, including fava bean dip and eggplant casserole. The prices are on the high side compared to say, Ali Baba's in Lincoln.



I ordered a basic falafel sandwich and my dad got a gyro. The falafel was really perfect-- it had a nice crispy crust and the inside was substantial, yet very fresh tasting. It had some herbs in there-- dill and parsley? My dad said his gyro was good, but fairly standard. He wished he had gotten the falafel.



I couldn't resist picking up a few cookies from their bakery display. They look better than they taste, but they were okay. I'd rather have, say, a Pepperidge Farm Milano.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Victor is not the friendliest guy in the world, but his falafel is excellent. I wish there was a hole in the wall place like that in the downtown Lincoln vicinity.