Tuesday, May 13, 2008

N Zone

I headed down to the N Zone (728 "Q" in the Haymarket) on Saturday night for some greasy bar food with my friends Katie and Amos.



It was like 6:30 and the place was DEAD. I haven't been in a while, but I think this place fills up later with people looking to get drunk.



As you can see, their shooter selection is excellent. I recommend the "Cooter Cork."

As far as I'm concerned, there are only two things to order at the N Zone: pizza and wings, although they have the usual selection of bar food on their menu. We started with an appetizer of wings (6 each), then had personal pizzas for our entrees, though Amos had to be different and order a Philly cheese steak.

The wings come in four levels of hotness, which were basically mild, medium, hot, and really really hot. They had cute names like "blazin" and so forth, but I don't remember them. I asked the waitress for guidance, but she had stomach issues and doesn't eat wings. She said she saw a really big guy sweating while eating the the hot, so I ordered the medium. Turns out that big guy was a wuss, cuz the medium wasn't hot enough. They were also a little skimpy, but we each got two more wings than we ordered. They tasted pretty good, but the wingettes looked a little funny.


Are these creepy genentically-engineered wings, or are they just cut weird?

The pizza is actually pretty good too. It had a nice crust and good quality cheese. The only thing I don't like about it is the sprinkling of dried oregano on the top-- it does not look or taste appealing.


Amos' cheese steak came with a bag of Ruffles for some reason.

I think I spent like $12, including tip, for my meal. If you're in the mood for wings, go to the Watering Hole. BUT, if you're in the mood for wings AND pizza (or other bar food), go to the N Zone. It's pretty good.

No comments: