Monday, May 12, 2008

Wilderness Ridge Mother's Day Brunch

Yeah. I was pretty uncreative this Mother's Day. My mom made some pretty big sacrifices for me this year (extensive caregiving during an illness), and what do I do in return on her big day? I make reservations for the brunch buffet at Wilderness Ridge.



So when is a brunch buffet with fairly limited offerings worth $21.99? Well, having very high-quality offerings helps: salmon, well-cooked asparagus, huge shrimp, and a nice assortment of baked goods, for example. Plus, Mom wanted to go there and frankly, I'd eat at Applebee's to make her happy. Oh yeah, and Dad ended up paying. Hee hee.


The cocktail and horseradish was the least horseradishy I've ever had. Weak sauce Wilderness Ridge.

This was my first trip to Wilderness Ridge. I found the decor a little ostentatious, to tell the truth. Here's an artsy-fartsy picture of the chandelier above our table:



Hopefully the tool belt full of gardening tools and the kick-ass dinner my sister and I cooked (will post pics soon) made her Mother's Day dreams come true. She's the greatest mom ever and deserves more than I could ever give her.

1 comment:

Swoof said...

Wilderness Ridge is pretty much Applebee's if you want to know the truth. All the management came from there.

Your mom looks great. She's awesome.